Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors.
A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. As a global employer, we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. As we are committed to diversifying our company, we strongly encourage candidates that are historically underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Our next generation SAAS platform is using an exciting mixture of technologies: Large scale, highly available, public-facing applications built in Angular for web and native Android/iOS for mobile. Our backend is composed of many different micro-services built using Spring Boot Rest APIs and Apache Storm, backed by a combination of technologies to fit our scaling needs like PostgreSQL, Cassandra/ScyllaDB, Kafka, Redis, and Elasticsearch allowing us to process billions of events using an event-based architecture. All of this is hosted on AWS utilizing tools like Terraform and Ansible to manage our infrastructure. Our Live Services Platform is built with a tight integration of Sales Force Health Cloud and our world class VP Platform.
At Virgin Pulse we are a big believer in teams owning their features and we have instilled a motto of “build, deploy, run”. This means teams don’t just develop features, but they are also responsible for deploying and supporting their features in Production. To support this, we practice CI/CD, allowing each team to deliver value to our customers in as short amount of time as possible, while also giving our teams a continuous feedback loop by using tools like New Relic, ELK, and CloudWatch to monitor application health and performance. The times of weekly, bi-weekly, or even quarterly releases are a thing of the past.
Who you are
You are a talented, motivated Software Development Engineer in Test who is capable of performing testing and quality assurance for our growing Live Services Engineering team. You will be responsible for creating and implementing automation tests to ensure quality and expected functionality within the Salesforce Heath Cloud development environment. You seek to work with others to best understand business requirements in order to develop corresponding test plans, test cases and test data, as well as execute manual testing scenarios when appropriate. Focus, enthusiasm, a dedication to excellence and constant desire to learn are all personal characteristics you possess which are highly valued in the VP organization.
In this role you will wear many hats but your skills will be especially essential in the following:
- Develop new automation tests and contribute to continuous delivery within and alongside Salesforce Health Cloud
- Develop and maintain a current and thorough understanding of existing system design, architecture, and business logic.
- Work with affected Business and user areas to develop and document detailed test suites using our behavior driven development model.
- Provide project management with software testing effort estimates for project planning and scheduling purposes.
- Thoroughly analyze test execution results to ensure that the work products comply with approved design and documented requirements.
- Report all defects discovered using defined defect reporting processes.
- Actively participates in requirements and design reviews, release readiness reviews and other inspections.
- Participate in the coordination and monitoring of software development activities including all related meetings, walkthroughs, technical reviews, testing, and problem resolution.
- Assist in the gathering and analyzing of testing metrics and suggests process improvements to improve the software development and testing processes including performance testing and monitoring.
- Prioritize and delegate projects and tasks as needed.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders and escalate issues as needed.
- Provide ongoing process improvement and efficiency metrics for the department. Be adaptable enough to work on whatever is necessary to finish tasks
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Management Information Systems, or equivalent technology experience. 3 years of SDET/CI/CD/Automation experience
- Experience with testing in the Salesforce environment and/or the willingness to be trained in that environment
- Experience using automation testing tools and techniques.
- Experience with formal testing processes.
- Test case and test scenario writing; both manual and automation.
- Experience working with scripting languages and APIs
- Knowledge of services, web technologies and n-tier browser-based applications.
- Experience with and thorough understanding of formal defect management processes.
- Demonstrated expertise troubleshooting complex, distributed software applications.
- Ability to work well with other teams to resolve issues and defects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Job Details As a member of the Salesforce, Integration Cloud (MuleSoft) Team, you will use Agile methodologies to plan, coordinate, and lead software projects that result in delightful experiences fo [...]
About Netskope Today, theres more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built [...]
About Netskope Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built [...]
About Netskope Today, there’s more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is bui [...]