Legal – Counsel – Office of Legal Obligations- Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The JPMorgan Chase Legal Department is responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporation’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal,
regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
About the Office of Legal Obligations . The Office of Legal Obligations (“OLO”) is a firmwide, global initiative to identify and document JPMC’s legal obligations arising from material laws, rules, and regulations, and connect those obligations to policies, procedures, and/or other documentation that supports compliance with the obligations. The OLO Legal team supports this initiative by overseeing Legal’s effort to build the inventory of material laws, rules, and regulations that impact JPMC; drafting business friendly descriptions of the legal obligations that arise from those laws, rules, and regulations; and supporting the ongoing efforts of the business and our functional partners as they link the legal obligations to the control documentation that helps JPMC ensure compliance.
For the program, JPMC requires experienced individuals with strong legal and regulatory awareness and background, able to understand the risks to the Lines of Business and the Firm of non-compliance with laws and regulations. The ideal candidate will monitor, identify and document changes to applicable laws affecting the Firm’s products and services, and handle reporting and notification of regulatory changes. The role requires significant cross-functional collaboration, including with line of business lawyers, their Compliance counterparts, as well as counterparts in Risk and Control Management. The environment is fast-paced, often requiring that issues be addressed rapidly - to ensure the firm stays in compliance with the rapidly-evolving laws and rules that may apply to our highly regulated industry. The successful candidate must have strong analytical and collaborative skills, be able to work independently and be a true "self starter."
Primary Responsibilities will include:
· Work with a global regulatory change monitoring team to monitor, identify and document changes in applicable laws in the Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru.
· Research and analyze laws, rules, regulations and other legal and regulatory developments, as well as, prior project work in order to promote evergreen efforts of the Program, focusing on quality assurance and consistency.
· Participate on cross-functional teams to develop and maintain legal obligations.
· Collaborate with appropriate product area lawyers to enhance consistency of legal positions.
· Provide written summaries of obligations and changes to existing laws, rules and regulations.
· Work collaboratively with Compliance, Risk, and Control Management teams responsible for Regulatory Change Management.
· Send alerts to and/or advise Legal staff, business colleagues, and control partners regarding regulatory changes and required actions.
· Work with technology teams to develop automated monitoring solutions and improve functionality of obligation repository.
· Assist with the development of processes, procedures, job aids and guidance material for conducting legal and regulatory change monitoring, and maintenance of legal obligations.
· Prepare, and maintain on an ongoing basis, matrices and other job aids to support program reporting and project tracking
· Serve as a Program liaison through collaborative advocacy and excellent oral and written communication skills
· Build and manage product subject matter expertise, as required.
· Occasional research to support special projects as needed.
· Licensed attorney in at least one of the Latin America countries- Licensed in Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru is preferred but not required- with at least three years of legal experience.
· Detail-oriented, with a structured, disciplined approach.
· Fluent in English.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, team oriented and ability to prioritize workload.
· Analytical, flexible and pragmatic.
· Ability to comprehensively and concisely summarize the status of legal developments in a plain and simple manner for distribution to business and legal senior members globally Portuguese is not required, but is desirable.
· Experience researching and analyzing laws, rules, and regulations.
· Experience within a regulatory change monitoring environment is an advantage.
· Experience with the financial services industry and/or good knowledge of financial markets is an advantage.
· Thorough understanding of the business, compliance and control environment of a large financial institution is an advantage.
· Excel and PowerPoint skills
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Job Description Legal : Counsel : Office of Legal Obligations: Associate Description JPMorgan Chase and Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of 2.6 trillion and ope [...]
Legal : Counsel : Office of Legal Obligations: Associate Description JPMorgan Chase and Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of 2.6 trillion and operations in more [...]
Job Description Legal : Counsel : Office of Legal Obligations: Associate Description JPMorgan Chase and Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of 2.6 trillion an [...]
"Job Description Legal – Counsel – Office of Legal Obligations- Associate Description JPMorgan Chase & Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and [...]