The position will support North America Crude Supply and Trading organization (NA CSAT).
S&T; CSAT team, located in Buenos Aires, provides support to Midstream operations by overseeing the accounting behind commercialization and shipment of crude petroleum products from origination sources (offshore / onshore leases) to Chevron refineries, as well as accounting for all product traded with third parties in the Oil & Gas industry. Team tasks are typically distributed by area and in alignment to Front Office desk distribution (to allow a fluent interaction between members).
Building a comprehensive understanding of the end to end processes in scope (how operations translate to accounting) is the key to ensure Analyst success in role.
In this position, Analyst will have the opportunity to:
Get a deeper understanding on company core activities such as trading and crude petroleum transportation
Collaboratively work and engage (daily basis) with S&T; CSAT front office personnel, including Traders, Schedulers and Operations’ specialists, as well as North America Finance employees.
Get fluent on industry standards and products’ flow through diverse supply systems and means of transport.
Exercise/Improve communication skills to meet customers’ demanding expectations
Demonstrate flexibility (adaptability) to deliver exceeding results in a very dynamic business, producing timely value-adding data to feed the Business’ decision-making process.
Responsibilities for this position are but not limited to:
- Account, monitor and reconcile inventories on In-Transit, Storage and Non-storage facilities
- Validate and process Product purchase and sales, and primary and secondary costs invoices
- Analyze and address volume and price discrepancies with customers/vendors. Workout and request involvement from Front office when needed.
- Articulate contracts jargon and system terminology to ensure independency in the resolution of discrepancies
- Generate/Monitor daily/monthly exception reports
- Initiate customer/vendor creation requests to enable timely payment/billing process
- Perform AP/AR Accounts Reconciliation
- Perform Month end close Financial tasks
- Seek for optimization opportunities throughout the process
- Bring in and continue gaining expertise in new digital tools, such as PowerApps/Microsoft Flows and Productivity tools like SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related careers.
- + 4 years of Relevant finance or accounting work experience (e.g. accounts payables, accounts reconciliation, inventory, fixed assets, general ledger, intercompany, exchange accounting, credits and receivable).
- Advanced English level. Candidates selected for an interview will be required to complete an English assessment test.
- Ability to listen carefully and use clear, concise oral and written skills to convey facts, present positions, and interpret policies.
- Enjoy working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Display initiative and leadership, handling multiple job responsibilities, setting priorities, maintaining a high level of accomplishment, and implementing improvements to processes.
- Have the highest level of integrity and demonstrate commitment to uphold Chevron’s values and standards.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Role Role/Responsibilities This individual will work collaboratively with MIS analysts, senior internal personnel, and with the application development team to elicit, document, and validate req [...]
Treasury Analyst – Buenos Aires, Argentina. Are you confident in your ability to interact with a range of internal and external stakeholders on complex treasury matters? Can you help the team id [...]
About NCR NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with [...]
Join the world's largest virtual company Work from anywhere : Flexible hours : Training and travel opportunities Scopic is seeking a skilled Remote Financial Analyst to join our team of 250+ professio [...]