Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Are you looking to play a meaningful role as a strategic advisor to both our business functions and our leaders? Do you have an uncanny ability to see the bigger picture and make cross-functional connections to business processes, performance, and data? If so, we encourage you to apply to our Business Analyst role! This role reports to the Director of Business Analytics and is on the Business Operations team. Our Business Operations Team is a multi-disciplinary group working across the broader Toptal organization to orchestrate the strategic approach, execution frameworks, analytics, and team structures necessary to drive Toptal’s growth.
We’re looking for a senior-level analyst to support our Brand Marketing and People teams, by providing these business leaders with crucial insights and recommendations for improvement. This team member will use data, create and define metrics, measure performance, and develop reports. They will also build models, forecast outcomes, run experiments, and perform in-depth diagnostic analysis.
We are very driven and proactive, think independently, and do not just take orders. This person needs to build positive relationships across the organization and have a “find a way” attitude. Ultimate success goes beyond data- and modeling-related activities and delivers the “so what” that drives decisions and real business impact. The expectation is to answer not only the question asked but the one that wasn’t!
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Partner with our Brand Marketing and People teams to empower data-backed decision making
- Analyze data, test hypotheses, find root causes, develop prototypes, forecast performance, build financial models, and extract insights from all these activities to inform business decisions
- Build models utilizing SQL and Python
- Utilize your financial analysis skills to assess and make recommendations that will optimize the financial performance of the organization
- Define financial metrics that are independent, holistic, accurate, encourage the right behaviors, and that are aligned with company strategy and objectives
- Proactively identify and surface opportunities to improve efficiency, conversion, revenue generation, client and talent experience, operations, communication, systems & tools, cash usage, etc.
In The First Week, Expect To
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal, and quickly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision
- Shadow key teams to learn the core of Toptal’s operations and capabilities
- Start to familiarize yourself with all existing data sources
In The First Month, Expect To
- Obtain a basic understanding of the Brand Marketing and People functions and their operations
- Understand the data generated through company operations and activities and where/how that data is stored
- Assess the current state of performance metrics, reports, dashboards, models, and analyses used, and identify discrepancies and areas for improvement
- Begin supporting the function leaders with relevant insights and reports for bi-weekly leadership meetings
In The First Three Months, Expect To
- Develop a proficiency of data elements and obtain a robust understanding of critical business processes
- Gain an understanding and ability to assess the drivers and impacts of business decisions on financial performance
- Begin standardizing definitions and aligning metrics with OKRs and company initiatives
- Begin identifying new opportunities to explore in the quest to improve performance continually
In The First Six Months, Expect To
- Begin to solve real business problems as a team that will move the needle on key performance metrics and financial performance
- Help us align and standardize metric definitions across the company
- Perform detailed root cause analysis to expose critical drivers of performance
In The First Year, Expect To
- Inform significant strategic initiatives, goals, priorities, and performance indicators
- Become an expert both on business process and data flow, and assist in building a new outstanding business analytics function
- 3+ years of experience in business analytics or business intelligence, with a minimum of 1 year of experience in Marketing Analytics
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, Qlik, UltiProBI, PowerBI, etc.)
- Proficiency in SQL; experience with R, Python, or MATLAB is a plus
- Experience in exploratory data analysis, prototyping, testing hypotheses, performing root cause analyses, modeling business processes, building forecasts, creating predictive models, defining metrics, and/or measuring business performance
- Track record of linking data and analytics to business strategy, financial performance, and operations to drive real impact
- Working knowledge of probability and statistics, experience with process improvement is a plus
- Ability to explain complex issues simply and intuitively, and willingness to challenge assumptions, communicate limitations and flag blind spots
- Both a proven background in math, science, finance, engineering, or statistics and deep business insight and financial sense are required; advanced degrees and/or MBA are a plus
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do
For Toptal Use Only: #northeast #midwest #southamerica #canada
Show moreShow less
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Job Summary The Sr Clinical Operations Lead (Sr COL) serves as the clinical functional lead, accountable for the clinical monitoring/site management delivery of assigned study(ies). The position as [...]
Job Overview Depending on the scope of the project and experience level, job duties below may be performed independently as a Lead SUPM or in collaboration with a Lead SUPM as a Regional SUPM. Lead [...]
Descripción De La Oferta We are looking for a Recruiter Jr or Sourcer to join our HR department and help us grow our IT teams. Technical Recruiter responsibilities include sourcing, screening a [...]
Empresa Superprof es la comunidad para compartir conocimientos que pone en contacto alumnos con profesores que deseen dar clases particulares. Creada en agosto 2013, Superprof conecta alumnos con [...]