- 2 years of experience with optical network installation, maintenance and operation for service providers or large enterprise networks.
- 2 years of experience with ISP network operations, tier 1-2 or enterprise/IT network infrastructure.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Spanish fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience with managing and/or directing field operation technicians, engineers, contractors and/or vendors in a Telco working environment.
- Experience working with local exchange carrier (LEC) and other telecom service providers, building landlords, electricians, construction operators and non-technical end users.
- Experience with state and local regulatory standards, procedures, and permitting requirements, as well as construction and data center environmental, health and safety (EHS) standards.
- Scripting or coding experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
About The Job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
Google's network provides services to Internet users around the world. The Network Deployment team is responsible for operating metro networks reliably and at scale. We manage the full life cycle of all space, power, and network assets in all of Google’s datacenters and metro points of presence globally. Additionally, we are involved in every facet of network delivery from architecture and design to installation, configuration, activation, and commissioning, and ensure the network stays up.
As Metro Network Deployment Engineer, you will be on the front lines of our efforts to deploy and maintain private data networks worldwide. You will work with Network Architects and Engineers, Design Engineers, Infrastructure Engineers, Field Engineers, Strategic Negotiators, and Technical Project Managers within Google, as well as construction and telecommunications Vendors and Contractors. Your team's objective will be to build a reliable, cost-effective and scalable network to support users globally.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Oversight and QA of installation technicians for rack, stack and installation of networking equipment.
- Commission and test routers, optical transport equipment, and other network devices in new and existing network nodes across Google's global network
- Generate implementation plans and provide technical leadership and guidance during deployment activities
- Work closely with project management, network engineering and rest of the engineering team to identify in advance potential problems in network installations, including in the areas of facility power (AC/DC), cooling, security/access, rack layout and cable management
- Own network documentation, updating and maintaining network drawings and plans
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form .
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Introduction As an accounting analyst at IBM you'll be a key player in all aspects of strategic payments planning. You will make significant contributions to high-profile operational initiatives as [...]
Descripción De La Oferta En nuestra empresa estamos en búsqueda de un Bussines Analyts con experiencia en análisis funcional en proyectos de Sistemas, que trabajará junto al equipo regional de Bus [...]
Descripción De La Oferta Principal Software Engineer ARGENTINA PRODUCTS and SERVICES : SOFTWARE ENGINEERING FULL:TIME SOUTHWORKS is growing fast and hiring fast. We're not your average dev firm [...]
Descripción De La Oferta En Accusys Technology, estamos en la búsqueda de un Analista Programador SQL Junior para trabajar en nuestras oficinas ubicadas en microcentro. : Funciones: será respons [...]