JP Morgan Chase
Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivatives Operations provide operational support to Markets, Investor Services and Banking businesses across the CIB. Key product areas include Currencies, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, Global Clearing, CASS & Outsourcing and Expense Management Unit with a global team of ~1500 colleagues. Services provided to our Businesses include:
- Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Expense Management and CASS & Outsourcing Support
- Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $2TRN via FX trades, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 3M trades, managing collateral balances in excess of $350BN and processing ~700K cleared and intermediary trades
Currencies Operating primary functions supported covered by the 200+ strong group include; Payment processing and controls, confirmation drafting issuance and matching, client service, economic affirmation, onboarding to electronic platforms, client money novation, regulatory governance and change management.
- Service over 60,000 clients with over 400,000 discrete accounts
- Manage payments to 135 different countries, Transact in 113 different currencies, out of 35 JPM entities
- Manage > $2Trn of gross settlements on 500,000 transactions, in over 100 different products daily
- Direct businesses supported generate >$4Bn of annual revenue
Buenos Aires. J.P. Morgan’s extensive history in Argentina dates back to the 1880s, playing a crucial role in the financing of railroads, gold and minerals extraction, and sovereign financing. In 1978, J.P. Morgan reinforced its local presence with a branch office in the city, and less than a decade later, J.P. Morgan Argentina S.A. was created. Buenos Aires is a key location for the company’s international footprint. The firm is investing in creating a world-class corporate center in Buenos Aires, with refurbished and high performance workplaces, state-of-the-art technology and collaboration tools. It’s a first-class environment, where people take great pride in the important work they do for the company. Employees at the BA Corporate Center provide a wide range of support for the firm’s day-to-day, global business activities, representing JPM Corporate & Investment Bank, the strategic Operations & Technology Corporate Center and Corporate Functions. Employees work in 2 buildings collaborating, innovating and sharing their time while offering robust training, development and internal mobility opportunities.
Full operational support to derivatives & other financial instruments which are traded globally.
- Exposure to high daily volumes and large amounts.
- Ensure timelines and service delivery standards are continually achieved.
- Risk mitigation and escalation of issues in a timely manner.
- Comply with policies, procedures and controls at all times for the safety of company and clients.
- Partnerships with multiple groups within the company such as technology, finance and other operation teams.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and value-added initiatives.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive support for the day to day Operations for derivatives & other banking products, within the Corporate Investment Bank.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment with demanding timelines and deadlines.
- Solid sense of accountability and ownership of issues until resolution.
- Capacity to work effectively with diverse styles and across cultures.
- Team player, with experience working in matrix organizations.
- Internal and external client service orientation.
Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree (or in the last year of study) from leading academic institution. Postgraduate level qualification is a plus.
- Bilingual in English (oral and written).
- Banking Industry Experience and risk management is a plus.
- Solid communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Attention to detail.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would suit someone looking for a flexible working opportunity
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries [...]
Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by Practice Groups that conform to the organiz [...]
Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires Role Summary The primary responsibility of our trade support and operations team is to maintain a first-class operational infrastructure for trading and sales desks to m [...]
Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires Be part of a dedicated functional team for Client Onboarding and KYC activities for Latin America that provides the following support: o Perform specific KYC (Know Your C [...]