Lead/Senior Energy Economist - Argentina
Lead/Senior Energy Economist
Energy Division (INE/ENE)
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is the leading source of
multilateral financing for regional development in Latin America and the
Caribbean (LAC). It provides loans, grants, guarantees, policy advice and
technical assistance to the public and private sectors of its borrowing member
countries. The Energy Division (ENE) of the Infrastructure and Energy
Department (INE), is seeking an Energy Knowledge Lead/Senior Specialist to
join the Energy Division to respond to the new challenges in the Energy sector
in the LAC Region.
The Energy Knowledge Lead/Senior Specialist will lead research in cutting edge
sector and cross-sector studies with the objective of aiding, promoting and
coordinating in the elaboration and dissemination of high quality analytical
work that will support the Division’s future operational activities.
ENE has primary operational responsibility for the IDB’s financing of
sovereign and non-sovereign investment in energy infrastructure (Energy
Generation, Energy Transmission, Electricity Distribution and Renewable
Energy) and financing sovereign investment in the productive sectors (Oil and
Gas, Extractive Industries), aimed to support public companies in the LAC
Region. ENE works with the Country Departments to prepare, develop, and
implement the Bank’s Strategy and program with each country in energy topics
or in cross-cutting issues where Energy is involved. ENE also supports the
Vice-Presidency for Private Sector and Non-Sovereign Guaranteed Operations
(VPP) in non-sovereign guaranteed operations.
The Energy Division seeks to grow its team of professionals with the objective
of generating high level dialogue with borrowing member countries in the area
of energy. The final objective is to provide quality, sustainable energy and
productive sector projects that result in significant development impact for
the LAC Region. The successful candidate will report to the Chief of the
Energy Division and will participate in dialogues on behalf of the Energy
Division with borrowing member countries. The Energy Knowledge Lead/Senior
Specialist will be in charge of coordinating all knowledge management
activities of the ENE division and providing economic and analytical advisory
to ENE, to the Infrastructure Department, and the rest of the Bank to support
the elaboration and dissemination of high quality technical work, oversee the
strategic direction of the research agenda of the sector and its
dissemination, with a view to support the quality of current and future
operations, as well as the policy dialogue with member countries.
* Lead cutting edge research and bring to the IDB vanguard knowledge to support an innovative and relevant operational program on energy topics, including the identification, definition, design, coordination and the conduction of applied research efforts (supported by consultants and divisional staff) on key topics in the priority areas of the division.
* Lead the formulation of a sector program of analytical studies and supervise the analytical work of staff and external consultants, including the Sector Framework Document.
* Coordinate and oversee ENE’s department’s knowledge program and its dissemination, assuring that the Publications protocol of the IDB is followed
* Controls the quality of the proposals submitted, and represents ENE in the Bank’s Studies and Publications Committee.
* Actively seek the creation of knowledge networks within the Bank, with other development partners, and with research organizations, universities, and public sector institutions within and outside the region.
* Identify critical cross-cutting issues where energy plays an important role.
* Participate in the Regional Policy Dialogue, promoting quality enhancement of this key instrument to strengthen the dialogue with Ministers, Vice-ministers and other high ranking officials about the most pressing energy and cross-cutting issues for the region.
* Provide substantial input to the preparation and dissemination of energy strategic documents, assuring high standards of technical quality and coordination with other areas of the Bank, multilateral organizations, governments and academic institutions.
* Oversees the execution of the financial resources assigned to Knowledge products.
* The candidate is expected to actively participate in all knowledge management activities of the Energy Division, such as:
* Identify, prepare and participate in the development of complex studies, modelling and strategies in the areas related to energy.
* Lead/participate in the execution and supervision of projects and activities in the same area.
* Provide technical advice in the areas of expertise and other related Bank activities to borrowers, country offices, and government and non-government agencies.
* Participate as member of multidisciplinary teams in the conceptualization and development of innovative technical, institutional, and financial responses to the needs of national, regional and local governments, as well as private companies.
* Lead project teams and review quality control activities with regard to project proposals.
* Lead all the knowledge activities of ENE, including the preparation and supervision of a Multiannual Knowledge Agenda, organizing the INE Week and the ENE retreats
* Identify, prepare and analyze —from a technical point of view— financing requests for projects with and without sovereign guarantee and technical assistance in the energy sector.
* Education: Master or equivalent ( preferred) in Economics or related field.
* Experience: At least 10 years relevant to the duties of the position preferably in Latin America or the Caribbean. Relevant experience in economic policy formulation is highly desirable. Both should cover one or more of the key institutional areas of the sector.
* Publications: In peer reviewed journals or books.
* Languages: Proficiency in English and Spanish and preferably working knowledge of a third (French or Portuguese)
* Innovation and Creativity: Develops imaginative ideas and solutions through creativity, experimentation and critical thinking.
* Client Focus: Understands client needs and provides services that meet their expectations for quality and performance; meets the Bank’s expectations for ethical behavior.
* Collaboration, Teamwork and Inclusion: Works cooperatively with others independent of background (, gender, ethnic origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, background, perspective) or organizational role, and takes a team-based and inclusive approach to projects and decision making.
* Communication and Influence: Communicates effectively and leverages relationships and strategies to influence others.
* Economic Analysis and Research: Demonstrates a command of statistics, econometrics and economic theory, and the ability to design, conduct and evaluate economic research.
* Strategy Programming: Informs, formulates, and evaluates country and/or sector strategies, and acts to sustain and reinforce their implementation.
* Results Management: Critically analyzes and validates the economic data, assumptions, and design underlying IDB projects and programs, and ensures their efficient and successful coordination, implementation and evaluation.
* Knowledge Management and Dissemination: Effectively disseminates research findings economic/sector knowledge and learning experience, and provides advice on economic trends and development needs to enhance the relevance of the IDB to borrowing countries and the region
* Relationship Management: Develops ongoing relationships with government counterparts, internal stakeholders, academia, and relevant third parties to better inform IDB priorities and the formulation of sound economic strategy and approaches.
* Country/Sector Knowledge: Understands the main development challenges and policies of countries and/or sectors and the implications for IDB country and/or sector strategies and programs.
* Alignment and Coordination: Aligns efforts across the matrix organization to promote a unified and service oriented approach to clients
The IDB offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
The IDB is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal
opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age,
education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual
orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-
descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
Vendedores telefónicos para venta de tarjeta de crédito(Ingreso inmediato- Turno Tarde)
de Busqueda reservada en Buenos Aires
Supervisor de Well Testing
de CLUSTERciar en Neuquén
de Guia laboral en Buenos Aires
Asistente Administrativo de Laboratorio (Zona Constitución)
de SGS ARGENTINA S.A en Buenos Aires
Analista funcional (Inglés avanzado)
de IT Resources en Buenos Aires
Operario con libreta Sanitaria Morón
de RANDSTAD en Buenos Aires
Operador de Tesorería
de Sociedad anónima en Buenos Aires
Oficial Mecánico - Zárate
de SERH Consultores en Buenos Aires