Sr. Project Engineering Manager Job
Job Number: #
Business: GE Power
Power Gas Power Systems
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry
with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive
and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services,
technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by
speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title: Sr. Project Engineering Manager
Career Level: Experienced
State, China or Canada Provinces:
City: Buenos Aires
Postal Code: C1430DAH
Relocation Assistance: No
– Within the GPS Global Projects Americas team, you will have the lead of the
Engineering execution of OTR contracts that contain Balance of Plant (BOP)
scope. You will possibly direct and/or oversee the responsibilities of 2-3 in-
country junior Project Engineering Managers assigned to specific contracts.
This position will be located in Buenos Aries, Argentina.
– Own the execution of one or several Projects from Contract signature until
the end of GE contractual obligations.
– Manage a cross functional Engineering team to master of the risks and
opportunities of his contract.
– Providing technical guidance to Project Management, & GE’s internal
– Reviewing Customer specifications and communicating contract and project
requirements to all design functions, utilizing internal documentation
– Evaluating financial/schedule impact of Customer requested scope changes.
– Anticipate and Act to match with contractual or Regulatory requirements.
– Monitor project with indicator in place, and Alert when required.
– Provide technical support to Engineering, Sourcing, Vendors and
Installation teams to ensure equipment meets all Customer requirements and
– Enforce quality procedures and participate in their improvement.
– Control budget allocated to the project and explain the gaps.
– Assure the experience feedback by capturing issues (Lessons Learned).
– Participate in process improvement.
– Contributing to the preparation of reports and other presentation required
for customer and internal communication.
– Own Engineering consistency through all Engineers.
– Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in Power Plant Design, engineering,
manufacturing, assembly, installation and/or testing
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
– Fluent in Spanish
– Fluent in Portuguese
– Technical superior training with significant experience in project
management, in the field of the energy or in the management of transverse
– Demonstrate knowledge of Mechanical & electrical codes and compliance
– Demonstrate knowledge of Turbo machinery, generator, electrical, controls
and/or Power Plant Accessory Systems and equipment
– Fluency in English and Spanish language
– Spirit of synthesis and analysis for fast decision-making
– Strong knowledge of power plant equipment
– Strong knowledge thermodynamics of the steam cycle of a combined cycle
– Strong internal or external interpersonal skills with Customers and
– Spirit of decision with leadership
– Demonstrates creativity and problem solving capability
– Willingness / ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Good communication and capacity of teamwork
– Motivated and able to motivate others
– Has a continuous improvement mindset
– Demonstrates customer interface experience
– Demonstration and adherence to GE Beliefs
Administrativa Tareas Generales
de FUMIGACION Y LIMPIEZA S.A. en Buenos Aires
Vendedores Para Sucursal Financiera
de ARGENPESOS en Buenos Aires
de RANDSTAD en Santa Fe
Jefe de Mantenimiento
de Empresa en Buenos Aires
Analista Funcional / Analista de Procesos y Sistemas
de Meg Recruiting en Buenos Aires
Arquitecto de Software- PAAS
de BBVA Francés en Buenos Aires
Vendedor/Asesor Viajante Bahía Blanca
de Wurth Argentina S.A en Buenos Aires
Ingeniero Jr. de Procesos y Métodos (Matricería/Mecanizado) – Zona Norte: Escobar/Matheu
de Assistem en Buenos Aires